A while ago I wrote myself a SCOM UR upgrade checklist. Information is gathered from various Blogs including Kevin Holman’s Blog.
Here are few points I follow:
1. Update All Servers (Windows Updates) before applying UR (uncheck URs while applying updates).
You can also reboot server before upgrade to see if there are any errors before we proceed with upgrade.
2. Close Console on server before applying updates
3. Run MSPs in Elevated CMD (As an administrator)
4. Run MSPs as SQL Admin
This are the steps I take:
1. Install the update rollup packages in following Order:
a. Apply MSPs on All Management Servers (Server MSP)
b. Apply MSPs on All Gateway servers (Gateway MSP)
c. Apply MSPs on Web console server role computer (Web Console MSP)
d. Apply MSPs Servers with Operations console (Operations Console MSP)
3. Apply SQL scripts (see installation information).
a. Update_rollup_mom_db.sql => OperationsManagerDB
b. UR_Datawarehouse.sql => OperationsManagerDW
Scripts Can be found here:
%SystemDrive%\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012 R2\Operations Manager\Server\SQL Script for Update Rollups\
If you get an Error Do not continue. Try rerunning the script. If that does not help Turn off:
“System Center Data Access Service” and “System Center Management Configuration service.” on All Management Servers.
If you see a warning about line endings, choose Yes to continue.
4. Manually import the management packs.
a. Microsoft.SystemCenter.TFSWISynchronization.mpb (this one has dependency: Microsoft.SystemCenter.AlertAttachment.mpb – it can be found on media)
Files Can be found here:
%SystemDrive%\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012 R2\Operations Manager\Server\Management Packs for Update Rollups
5. Apply the agent update to manually installed agents, or push the installation from the Pending view in the Operations console.
6. Update Unix/Linux MP’s and Agents if needed
7. Update JEE if needed
8. Update Remaining Consoles…
And Here is a List I follow so I do not miss any of the steps: